Welcome to my userpage!
User name: Nevadabell
Real name: Christopher Eric Jones
Icon: Rocko and his dog from Rocko's Modern Life (1993-96)
' 'Signature: I love stamps and I'm 22 hh:mm, mm dd, yyyy
Place: Rural Louisiana
Job: None (does cataloging count?)
Favorite shows: Fairly OddParents (before the baby), Rocko's Modern Life, SpongeBob SquarePants (before the movie), Doug, Hey Arnold!
Hello, I am an experienced logoeer (if that's even a word). I joined Logopedia only to express my feelings about logos. Don't ban me, because I don't swear or do anything dirty. I'm 22 years old, and I really like closing logos. MGM is a scary logo.
Whatever you do,
'DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT, 'post photos and/or videos of MGM here. It SCARES me, and you will be reported and possibly banned.
What scares/creeps/annoys/entertains me
Here's what I'm scared of.
- Metro Goldwyn Mayer 1924-Present: OH MY GOSH! It's that creepy logo with the lion! The roar doesn't even sound like a lion, it sounds more like a freaky cyborg thingy from the 30th century! It barely Roared my soul out!
- Renaissance Pictures 1994-Present: This logo might creep me out, because I know how scary the logo looks just by comments.
- Universal Television 1975-1991: It kinda creeps me, thanks to the music (performed in a way unlike any other in the history of MCA/Universal). But it's harmless.
- Viacom (the Robot) 1999-2005: The robotic voice was a little creepy when I saw it on Matlock.
Here's what I'm annoyed of.
- Any PBS Kids ident with Dash or Dot 1999-present: Watch any show on PBS today, and you'll know it's terrible.
- 20th Century Fox Television 1994-present: Off the charts. The logo is the chief when it comes to plastering logos. On M*A*S*H, it plasters over a perfectly good "Tilted Zero Tower" from the '70s.
- Warner Home Video 1996-: Too generic. This is what you get when you expect to see the Cheesy Shield and end up with this.
- Sony Pictures Television 2002-: In my opinion, the most annoying logo ever. So annoying, it makes the Columbia Tristar Television (yes, even the "TELEVISION" version from 1996) Boxes of Boredom look interesting. Why can't they just change their logo and bring back the box design, because we don't want plain, boring SPT any longer!
Here's what I'm amused at.
- Viacom "V of Doom" 1976-86: While some might find it scary, I find it amusing. I swear (with a capital SWEAR) I have to sing the five-note fanfare every single day. It is laughable.
- MCA Discovision 1978-81: The logo sounds quite obvious it's from the '70s, with the star/flower designs and the retro music's talent earning it the "Retro" grade by me. Discovision was MCA Universal as a child.
- Viacom "V of Steel" 1986-90: It is quite laughable.
- Screen Gems "S from Heck" 1965-74: I LOVE that Eric Siday jingle! It is awesome! Din-din-din-din-din-din, DIN DIN DIN DIN, DIN DIN DIN DIN!!!!!!! DA S FROM HECK CAME FROM DA HEAVENZ!
A**hole18 (note: Rude Username)
S*x18 (note: Rude Username)
HyperactiveMinihead (and his sock puppet reincarnations)
Sandwich Golf Express
DrLogos (Keeps sayin' Noggin is gonna come back in 2014 when it ain't comin' back!)
Brightify (and his sock puppet reincarnations)
Adminsareb****es (note: Rude Username)
Logopedia Parody Logos
More M-G-M Drama Mask Podcasts Coming Up!
I am still doing more podcasts (blog posts) about Metro Goldwyn Mayer's Greek drama mask (the one that terrifies me). I hope you're lucky enough to read it. You better beware. M-G-M is after people. Yes, Logopedians (including me), even the banned ones!
Since dream logos aren't commonly referred to on Logopedia, I have devoted my own time to show my own opinions of logos with different music.
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer minus that drunk lion and its roar=A much better logo indeed.
- Viacom V of Doom with Wigga Wigga Music=Cool again.
- S from Heck with Dancing Sticks Music=Probably the best yet. The last notes of the jingle synchronize with "SCREEN GEMS" zooming in under the "S".
The state of Nevada!
Do not insult the name of Nevada!