Universal Channel was originally released as USA Network in Latin America.
- Vimeo: ID "Chasing"
- Vimeo: ID "Elevator"
- Vimeo: ID "Bridge"
- Vimeo: ID
- Vimeo: Universal Movie
During 2007 and 2008, Universal Channel was expanding into Europe and Asia, using the same logo and graphics as the Latin American version.
As part of a relaunch of NBCUniversal's international channels, Universal Channel is given a new look in 2010. The new look was developed by Heavenly and We Are Seventeen. Heavenly also created the new logo.
The idents themselves use bright colours and feature lots of shiny spheres that interact with people.
The new Universal Channel was rolled out region by region during 2010. The rollout included both existing versions of Universal Channel and several version of Hallmark Channel.
- Universal Channel was launched into Africa on March 24, 2010, when the African version of Hallmark Channel was rebranded.
- The Japanese Sci Fi Channel became Universal Channel on April 1, 2010.
- The new look is introduced in Russia, the Baltics and CIS states on May 5, 2010 and in Poland and Romania on May 12.
- The Asian Universal Channel rebranded on June 24, 2010.
- On July 1, Hallmark Channel Australia became Universal Channel.
- On September 3, 2010, the Hallmark Channel in Hungar, the Czech Republic and Slovakia became Universal Channel.
- The UK version of Hallmark Channel became Universal Channel on October 18, 2010. The presentation originally was different to other countries, but introduced idents similar to the Latin American version of the channel. This change ocurred in March 2012.
- On May 2, 2011, the Latin American version of Universal Channel was rebranded, with its own graphics package, designed by Roger, but based on elements designed by Heavenly and We Are Seventeen.
The Turkish and Greek versions were still not rebranded as of September 2010.
Universal Channel started the rollout of its current logo on 3 May 2013. Alongside the new logo, a new slogan, "100% Characters", and a new purple and turqouise colour scheme was introduced.
This logo was launched in Latin America on July 1, 2013, simultaneously with a high-definition version of the channel in Brazil, where the channel started being verbally referenced to as "Canal Universal" (literally, "Universal Channel" in Portuguese).
In the UK, this logo debuted on 5 August 2013. Universal Channel will also launch in Germany in September 2013.
| Canal Brasil1 | Combate | Big Brother Brasil Pay-Per-View | Bis | Canal Futura2 | +Globosat | Globo News | Multishow | OFF | Premiere | SporTV | SporTV2 | SporTV3 | Gloob | GNT | Viva
1Co-owned with a group of Brazilian filmmakers