TV4 made its debut on September 15, 1990.
The original logo was created by Jerker Belvert well before the channel would eventually launch. The first idents used started out with a shot of a runestone. Four computer-animated fours would slide in from the left and merge on the middle of the screen, resulting to as being similar to the 1989-1993 PBS ident.
- Youtube: TV4-avslutning 1991-02-09
- Youtube: TV4 Avslutning 1991-08-14
- Youtube: TV4 closedown 1992-01-17
- Youtube: TV4 Avslutning 1992-02-18
TV4 started broadcasting terrestrially on March 2, 1992.
Because of this, the channel adopted a more colourful entertainment-based profile. It was created by TV4's graphic designer Tina Eriksson in cooperation with TV4's illustrator Mette Camp and John Ridgeway of Novocom. The idents featured colourful slices that were spinning behind the logo.
The logo itself was also changed, with the addition of a yellow and a red triangle.
The following gallery contains most of the idents used by TV4 during this period.
- Youtube: TV4 Avslutning 1992-09-01
- Youtube: TV4 Avslutning [1992-12-17 ]
- Youtube: TV4 Avslutning [1993-01-31 ]
- Youtube: TV4 Avslutning 1994-03-05
TV4 moved into a new building on May 13, 1996. At the same time, the channel launched a new look and an updated logo.
- Youtube: TV4 Avslutning 1998-01-04
- Youtube: TV4 Avslutning 1998-08-28
- Youtube: Tv4-Avslut 1998-11-24
A completely new look was introduced on January 1, 2000. It was called "Getting Closer" and was created by English & Pockett. Unlike previous identifications, which have had the focus on computer-animated versions of the logo, the new graphics feature live footage, with a small version of the logo appearing on the middle of the screen.
- Youtube: TV4-avslutning 2001-07-27
- Youtube: Tv4-avslutning 2001-11-19
- Youtube: TV4 Avslutning 2002-05-04
Another new design was launched on March 5, 2004. The new look features a patten of circles, through which one can see short bits of footage.
TV4's ident look was adopted on September 18, 2006. The idents now feature presenters and personalities from the channel shot in a studio featuring curtains made up of circles and much of TV4's red signature colour. The new look was mostly created in-house, with Martin Poole of Sway Media acting as a consultant. The new theme music was created by Jättemedia.
A little more than a year later, on October 15, 2007, the graphics had to be overhauled as all major Swedish channels switched in 16:9 widescreen presentation. The general them was kept and the idents were adapted by cutting off the lower and upper part of the image to make them fit in a 16:9 screen.
In December 13, 2012, TV4 introduced a new look and Circle logo made a gradient.
References and sources
- ↑ 
- ↑ Folklighet, fyror och snurr, Dagens Nyheter, April 14, 1994. "Logotypen togs fram av reklammannen Jerker Belvert redan 1988 och skulle då signalera TV 4:s ambitioner att bli en kanal som satsade på nyheter och svenskproducerade program."
- ↑ Grafiskt grepp om tittarna, Dagens Nyheter, April 12, 1994. "Runslingorna är det enda som finns kvar från TV 4:s första nordiskt blonda satellitprofil. När TV 4 blev en marksänd kanal manifesterades det med en ny, färgstarkare snurra, skapad av Tina Eriksson i samarbete med hennes tidigare arbetsgivare amerikanen John Ridgeway och TV 4:s tecknare Mette Camp."
ARD | ARMTV | BBC | BHRT | BNR | BNT | BTRC | Channel One Russia | Cadena COPE | Cadena SER | Canal+ | DR | RIK | ČR | ČT | ENRS | ENTV | ÊRT | ERT | ERTU | Europe 1 | ERR | ÊTT | France Télévisions | GPB | HRT | İTV | IBA | Jamahiriya TV | JRTV | Kringvarp Føroya | KNR LJBC | LR | LRT | LTV | MRT | MTV | MTVA | NPO | NRK | ORF | PBSLtd | PLR | PRA Rai | Radio 100,7 | RFR | RFI | RMC | ROE | RRO | RTBF | RTCG | RTÉ | RTL Group | RTP | RTR | RTS | RTSH | RTVA | RTVE | RTVS | RTVSLO | RTV San Marino | RÚV | SNRT | SR | SRG SSR | SVT | TDA | Télé Liban | TF1 | TG4 | TMC | TR-M | TRT | TV 2 Denmark | TV 2 Norway | TV4 | TVP | TVR | UA:PBC (UA: Pershyi | NRU) | UKIB (ITV | Channel 4 | S4C) | UR | VCR | VRT | Yle | ZDF
|SVT | SR | DR | Yle | NRK | RÚV | UR | TV 2 Denmark | TV 2 Norway | TV4 | MTV|