SoapNet was launched on January 20, 2000.
The logo's text became bolder in 2007. On March 23, 2012, Soapnet was replaced by the 24-hour Disney Junior on several cable systems including Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Charter Communications and Cox Communications.  Soapnet remains available on most other cable and satellite TV systems that have not signed carriage agreements for Disney Junior, and has remained in existence until carriage deals with all major cable providers are signed. However, Disney announced that Soapnet would cease operations on December 31, 2013, following reports by TV providers, including AT&T U-verse, Cox, Comcast, and Charter; to be precise, it closed a minute before midnight on December 31, 2013.
- ↑ http://www.allbusiness.com/marketing-advertising/market-research-analysis/6355641-1.html
- ↑ http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-86053937.html
- ↑ http://www.multichannel.com/article/54433-SoapNet_to_Clean_Up_On_Air_Look.php
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/business/media/27disney.html
- ↑ http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/05/26/soapnet-will-go-dark-to-make-way-for-disney-junior/