Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Soapnet was a cable network dedicated to soap operas and primetime dramas run by Disney-ABC Television Group. It was founded on January 20, 2000. However, Disney claimed that it would be replaced by a Disney Junior channel; when it happened on March 23, 2012, it only took place on certain television providers, while others carried both or took effect later. On December 31, 2013, it was discontinued.
SoapNet was launched in January 2000.
The logotext became bold in 2007.
On March 23, 2012, Soapnet was replaced by the 24-hour Disney Junior on several cable systems including Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Charter Communications and Cox Communications.  Soapnet remains available on most other cable and satellite TV systems that have not signed carriage agreements for Disney Junior, and has remained in existence until carriage deals with all major cable providers are signed. However, Disney announced that Soapnet would cease operations on December 31, 2013, following reports by TV providers, including AT&T U-verse, Cox, Comcast, and Charter; to be precise, it closed a minute before midnight on December 31, 2013.
- ↑ http://www.allbusiness.com/marketing-advertising/market-research-analysis/6355641-1.html
- ↑ http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-86053937.html
- ↑ http://www.multichannel.com/article/54433-SoapNet_to_Clean_Up_On_Air_Look.php
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/business/media/27disney.html
- ↑ http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/05/26/soapnet-will-go-dark-to-make-way-for-disney-junior/