Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sveriges Radio TV
In 1956, the Swedish broadcaster Radiotjänst changed its name to Sveriges Radio. The television service changed its name to Sveriges Radio TV. During the 1950s and 1960s, Sweden had only one television channel, and hence no apparent need to distinguish it from other channels. As a channel logo they used Sveriges Radio's distinctive SR logo.
As station ident they used an art deco image of central Stockholm.
Sverige Radio TV1
On December 5, 1969, Sweden got its second television channel in TV2, and the first channel became TV1. The two channels got similar logos which represented the two numerals 1 and 2. It was used until 1980.
SVT TV1/Kanal 1
Sveriges Television (SVT) was created in the late 1970s to run the two state controlled television channels, which up until that point had been a part of Sveriges Radio. SVT received its first logo in 1980. It was designed by Sid Sutton and came with logos for each of the channels.
The logos consisted of three-striped letters. The stripes were coloured red, blue and green, but the logos could also be seen in one colour.
On August 31, 1987, TV1 was renamed Kanal 1 as part of a reorganisation within SVT which moved most programmes made in Stockholm to the first channel, while all programmes made around the country were placed in TV2. With the new name came new graphics which was probably one of the first attempts at creating a more elaborate cohesive design for the channel.
- Youtube: Clock 1987-11-13
- Youtube: Closedown 1988-11-25
- Youtube: Clock 1989
- Youtube: Closedown 1989-07-02
- Youtube: Closedown 1990-01-??
- Youtube: Coninuity junction 1990-11-18
- Youtube: Closedown 1991-08-04
- Youtube: Closedown 1992-01-11
- Youtube: Schedule and clock 1993-07-11
- Youtube: Closedown 1993-08-05
- Youtube: Clock 1994-01
The last look for Kanal 1 was introduced in 1994. The most significant part of this look was the reintroduction of the in-vision continuity announcers.
- Youtube: Closedown 1994-09-10
- Youtube: Closedown 1994-09-28
- Youtube: Clock 1994-10-08
- Youtube: Closedown 1995-02-24
- Youtube: Closedown 1995-07-22
- Youtube: Clock 1995-08-11
In January 1996, the organisations behind SVT's two channels were merged and they were renamed SVT1 and SVT2.
As a result of the merger, the channels got new logos and graphics on January 8, 1996. For the following five years, the graphics would be completely generic and identical on both channels, with the exception of the logo. Indeed, SVT made no effort to distinguish the channels on the programming side either. The first logos had the SVT logo in a black rectangle with the channel's numeral in a blue or green box.
- Youtube: Closedown 1996-01-08
- Youtube: Clock 1996-01-11
- Youtube: Closedown 1996-02-08
- Youtube: Closedown 1996-05-25
- Youtube: Clock 1996-06-10
- Youtube: Closedown 1996-07-14
- Youtube: Closedown 1996-09-08
- Youtube: Closedown 1996-09-27
The first incarnation of the merged channel structure's identity was shortlived and was replaced after ten months in October 1996. The new version was more elaborate and came with a new orchestral theme music and new channel logos. The logo was in circle.
- Youtube: Closedown 1998-04-14
- Youtube: Clock 1998-10-18
- Youtube: Closedown 1999-07-27
- Youtube: Closedown 2001-01-14
2001–2003English & Pockett were chosen to create the new identity, which was centered around a new corporate symbol, However, the "starflower", created by Darrell Pockett and Timothy Wilkinson.
SVT1's logo and graphics got orange and red colours. A big sofa was created for the idents, which featured presenters from the channel.
Both SVT1 and SVT2 used two logos during this period: A simpler logo with a numeral and the starflower in a square, and one logo which was used for idents featuring the starflower in the middle with the channel name to its left.
In January 2003 to October 2003, SVT1 still use this logo while SVT2 given a new look.
- English&Pockett rebrands Sveriges Television
- After the break
- Youtube: Closedown 2001-01-15
- Youtube: Ident, schedule and clock 2001-01-16
- Youtube: Closedown 2001-01-23
- Youtube: Closedown 2001-02-06
- Youtube: Clock 2001-05-22
SVT1 received a makeover in the autumn of 2003.
- Youtube: Closedown 2004-05-22
- Youtube: Schedule and clock 2004-06-05
- Youtube: Closedown 2005-06-12
- Youtube: Handover 2005-06-22
- Youtube: Ident menu 2006-11-13
- Youtube: Handover 2006-11-13
- Youtube: Handover to UR 2006-10-17
- Youtube: Schedule 2007-08-24
- Youtube: Startup 2008-05-01
- Youtube: Closedown 2008-08-24
The graphics and idents for SVT1 were created by Dallas Sthlm. The idents feature object of relevance to SVT1's programming. As the camera moves, an orange "1" figure is revealed.
The new music for the idents was created by Dead Mono.
- Liberty Stockholm - Nya kanalidentitet för Svt
- Dallas Sthlm - SVT1 Channel Identity
- Tankarna bakom SVTs nya profil
- Youtube: Trailers, idents, schedule 2008-08-25
- Youtube, Ending of Gomorron Sverige, idents and schedule 2008-08-25
- Youtube: Ident and schedule 2008-08-25
- Youtube: Idents, trailer and schedule 2008-08-25
- Youtube: Ending of Rapport, idents, trailers 2008-10-30
In 2012, the purple background has been removed and "SVT" was recolored grey. The "1" is red instead of orange.
| SVT1 (HD) | SVT2 (HD) | SVT24 (HD) | SVT Barnkanalen (HD) | Kunskapskanalen (HD) | SVT World