- To request for rollbacking abilities, go to Logopedia:Requests for rollback.
Welcome to Logopedia's Requests for adminship. If you are considering requesting to become an administrator, you must read the Note below. Please see the Instructions section for guidance on how to request.
Note to Requesters
Becoming an administrator is a big responsibility. Administrators work very hard to maintain Logopedia and keep it running. This is not something that is handed out frequently or without thought. Only the most trustworthy, active, and knowledgeable users are granted adminship. For more insight into what this means and what it requires, please continue reading.
Before you continue, read the entirety of the administrators page. If you just skipped over that link, go back and read it. You must know the ins and outs of being an administrator before requesting to be one. Administrators have a lot of power, and thereby have significant responsibility. If you do not think you will be able to properly handle that power and make responsible decisions, this is not for you.
I know I can handle being an administrator. What are the requirements to becoming one?
While bureaucrats do have some flexibility in deciding who becomes an administrator, there are a set of base guidelines that they look for in reviewing requests:
- User has not been blocked or warned within the past year of editing.
- User has not previously requested for adminship within the past 6 months.
- User has proven knowledge of Logopedia and its policies. This means that they follow editing guidelines, they fix and improve pages, they upload high quality logos and follow copyright rules, etc.
- User is active in fighting vandalism, sockpuppetry, and policy-breakers. This means that their editing history provides evidence of assisting administrators (i.e. editing talk pages of admins to alert them of destructive users), reporting users, and undoing/rollbacking poor or nonconstructive edits.
- User is an active, constructive editor. If you are applying here, you should have at least 1000+ edits.
I satisfy (or mostly satisfy) all of the above requirements. What now?
Remember that when you become an administrator, you are expected to increase in activity and effectiveness. If you are granted adminship, you are expected to edit often and use your powers responsibly. You are expected to continue doing all of the above and more. This includes logging-on daily, responding to user reports, responding to messages or questions on your talk page, monitoring the recent changes, participating in wiki discussions, maintaining the front/Logopedia/MediaWiki pages, and constructively utilizing administrator abilities. If your request is approved and you are inactive or caught abusing your powers, bureaucrats and/or Wikia staff members reserve the right to remove your rights and punish you accordingly.
I am prepared to do everything you just listed and more.
If you truly believe you are a fit to become an administrator, then we wish you luck! Be aware of how the requesting process works. This is a voting process. All users are permitted to vote, whether or not they are an administrator. They will either support, oppose, or comment. After a request is published, Logopedia editors have 3 months to vote. After the 3 months are up, a bureaucrat will review the votes and make a decision. If 3 months are up and a bureaucrat has not responded to a request, feel free to notify a bureaucrat on their talk page. You are not permitted whatsoever to edit in the support or oppose sections. You may add or reply to comments, but you may not modify or remove others' comments. If you are caught trying to influence editors to vote or change their vote, your request will be disqualified. Cheating, incivility, and harassment is prohibited. The Instructions section below will guide you on how to publish a request.
Instructions for Requesting
Please ensure you have read the above section. Anyone requesting must have a valid reason to why they should be promoted, and understand how to use the abilities. Use the code below to request. Fill in each parameter with what is specified (except the "Request" and "~~~~" part, leave that alone). Remember that these abilities are not given out freely or carelessly, and that they are not for fun. If your request is ignored or rejected, do not feel bad. Take the voters' advice and begin to work harder so you can request again in the future.
Code for Requesters:
The following would appear:
Note to Voters
All users are able to vote, but may only vote once per request. Please note that if a request is more than two weeks old, or has already been approved/rejected by a bureaucrat, you are no longer able to vote. In the Support section, users should sign if they think that the user should earn the abilities. In the Oppose section, users should sign if they disagree with the user being promoted. In the Comments section, users may add their opinion to why or why not the user should be promoted.
Active requests for adminship
After waiting 6 months to request administrative rights from the month of getting rollback, I'm deciding to request to be an administrator for good work on contributing to the wiki by adding logos that have never been on Logopedia before.--Muzzarino 10:49, January 4, 2017 (UTC)
- I completely agree. I have seen you edit regularly and taking care of vandals the best you can. You truly deserve to be an administrator. NewYorkCity101 (talk) 11:31, January 13, 2017 (UTC)
I would like to nominate this user as an Administrator. He has accumulated enough edits to be eligible, has a clean slate, and is rather passionate about protecting this site from vandals. He might be a great asset to this website.
- I agree, he's been fighting vandalism and helping out add new logos here.Muzzarino 21:34, October 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Logovis, thank you so much for the nomination last week, I truly feel honored by this nomination and cannot be more thankful. I would like to mention a couple things that I would do as an administrator. What was said about what I do is completely true. I come to Logopedia at least once a day to make some edits to improve it. My harsh feelings towards vandals comes from a personal moral that it is wrong to just mess up people's work for one's own benefit; I try not to go overboard though. Also, I have attempted to start a couple forums about certain issues on Logopedia that need to be fixed. As an administrator, I will continue to perform these tasks and use my new abilities as one appropriately. Aside from the issues, I would like to compliment this site because Logopedia is truly a remarkable wiki that can be very informative with logo history and I am thrilled to be a part of it. NewYorkCity101 (talk) 21:41, October 14, 2016 (UTC)
I have made lots of User Reports, Undos, Image Delete Requests and good editing. Between this I have rollback currently. I have real big responsibility to follow rules and policy and I can block users if listed on User Reports. Also I should fix spamming, block vandals, and help everyone to be very constructive here.Imnew7373 (talk) 23:14, August 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Congradulations on your hardwork catching vandals in acts. I would agree that you should be an admin.Muzzarino 23:24, August 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for your help that day dealing with that vandal. I appreciate it and truly agree that you deserve the right to be an administrator. NewYorkCity101 (talk) 02:11, October 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Question. Hi Imnew7373: Please do not consider me asking the following question as a point for or against your request. If you were provided with admin rights, could you name a few of the primary administrative tasks you would complete every single time you log on to Logopedia? Alxeedo TALK 05:22, August 27, 2016 (UTC)
Inactive requests for adminship
Talk · Contributions · All logs · Block log · Upload log · User Rights log
At this point, I've been adding new content for each logo page such as those that didn't exist. I've also helped out by reporting vandals to the VSTF and such. --Muzzarino 12:24, July 2, 2016 (UTC)
- User was just granted rollback. Would like to wait a bit before considering her for adminship. In addition, this request was not published correctly (the Support, Oppose, and Comment sections were missing) and I had to fix it. Alxeedo TALK 08:34, July 4, 2016 (UTC)