UK Gold Classics
UK Gold Classics launched in October 1998.
Prior to 2003, the channel was essentially an offshoot from UK Gold and either showed timeshifted programmes from that channel or programmes of similar themes. The visual identity and graphics were also shared with UK Gold.
UK Gold 2
On April 2, 1999, UK Gold Classics was replaced by UK Gold 2.
On November 12, 2003, UK Gold 2 was replaced by UK G².
The visual identity was created by BBC Broadcast.
- "UK G2 brings together a carefully chosen mix of comedy and drama that have a uniquely British sardonic view of the world and will feature repeats of hit comedies and dramas including Have I Got News For You, Room 101 and Spooks.
- The channel identity reflects this, as it is based on the idea of "bending the rules." The identity for the new channel reflects the irreverent humour of its shows. Individual films observe people who should know better, mischievously flouting social convention and unexpectedly bending the rules." - BBC Broadcast press release
The 3d version of the logo used on promos and Idents.
On March 8, 2004, all UKTV adopted the UKTV name and UK G² became UKTV G2.
On October 15, 2007, UKTV G2 was launched on the terrestrial television platform and renamed Dave. The tagline for the new channel was "the home of witty banter".
The visual identity for the relaunched channel was created by Red Bee Media. Many of the programmes shown on the channel feature "intelligent and irreverent humour", and this was carried on in the on-air identity.
- "Red Bee Media has created six bold and aspirational idents, designed to engage with and surprise the audience. They depict unusual situations and stories that focus on a group of friends over a weekend in the world of Dave. Nothing is quite as it seems in Dave’s world, as the friends get themselves in and out of unexpected situations through the course of the weekend.
- Surrounding the characters are the rich visual ephemera of the traditional country house: oil paintings in gilt frames and stuffed exotic animals. The on-screen package and navigation use these details throughout the channel, giving a surreal, identifiable and somewhat left–field feel to Dave. " - Red Bee Media press release
Taken together with the Freeview launch, which increased the number of possible viewers significantly, the relaunch led to significantly higher ratings. This also gave UKTV confidence to go ahead with the same approach for the rest of their channel, and during 2008 and 2009 all channels would be rebranded with more personal names, removing the UKTV prefix and replacing the more descriptive names used before.
- TV Ark
- Digitalfernsehen Sender-Datenbank (1999-2003)
- Digitalfernsehen Sender-Datenbank (2003-2007)
- Digitalfernsehen Sender-Datenbank (2007-)
| Alibi | Blighty | Dave | Drama (upcoming) | Eden | Gold | Good Food | Home | Really | Watch | Yesterday