FANDOM


Contents

Comcast logo old Comcast logo 2000 Comcast logo Comcast logo 2012
1969–1999 1999–2007 2007–2012 2012–present

American Cable Systems

1963–1969

This article or section lacks a former logo at the moment. You can help Logopedia by uploading it here.

Comcast was originally founded as American Cable Systems on June 28, 1963.

Comcast

1969–1999

Comcast logo old

In 1969, American Cable Systems was renamed as Comcast, a portmanteau of the words "Communication" and "Broadcast".

1999–2012

1999-2007

Comcast logo 2000

A new logo for Comcast was introduced in 1999.

2007–2012

Comcast logo

A minor change was made to the 1999 logo's typeface in 2007. This logo is still used within the logos of the Comcast SportsNet (until April 2017) and Comcast Network channels.

2012–present

Comcast logo 2012

Having purchased a 51% stake in NBCUniversal in 2011 and looking to revitalize their crippled brand, Comcast silently adopted the 1986 NBC peacock logo on December 10, 2012. In February 2013, just two months after the rebrand, Comcast announced that they would buy the remaining 49% of NBCUniversal from General Electric, and thus take full ownership of the company.