- Digitalfernsehen Sender-Datenbank
- TV Ark
- Arte: Chronologie - Habillage et promotion
Arte has its origins in La Sept, a French educational and cultural channel. It was created in 1986 and started broadcasting in 1989, initially only via satellite and cable. It gained a wider audience when its was given a window on FR3 in 1990.
The channel's identity was created by Étienne Robial and Mathias Ledoux. It featured part of a big yellow trapezium with the name "La Sept" written on the side. The identity was accompanied by a muscial theme created by the British composer Michael Nyman.
During the lates 1980s, there were talks between German and French governments about creating a Franco-German cultural television channel. Arte was set up during 1990 and 1991. Arte would take over after La Sept in France, while there was no real predecessor in Germany.
Arte was launched in May 30, 1992. In Germany it was only available on cable on satellite, but thanks to the bankruptcy of French commercial channel La Cinq, Arte was allowed to take over its frequencies and broadcast terrestrially in France.
On January 2, 1995, Arte adopted a new identity created by the British design agency Lambie-Nairn.
A new identity was launched on January 1, 2001. At the same time, Arte stopped being an evening-only service, and started broadcasting from 2 p.m.
The new look was commissioned back in February 2000. After five years of artististic abstractions, the new look idents told stories that were closer to everyday life. The new look was created by the international branding agency Razorfish.
Yet another new look, created by Velvet mediendesign, was introduced on January 3, 2004.
- "Arte's new design attaches to the principle of openness. The simplicity of lines translates the readability of the schedule, to which special care has been taken to respect the viewers. The stories, the colours, the music marks a real human warmth. In a general way, the screen reorganisation awakens the curiosity of the viewer. This is to surprise and to capture his attention." - text from Arte explaing the new look.
- arte "So hab' ich das noch nie gesehen", mit neuer Optik von velvet mediendesign
- Dailymotion: Mix of graphics and sound from the 2004 package
In on-screen presentation, the Arte logo would now usually be seen on top of a "cartridge" with bright gradients.
- Youtube: Nouvel habillage Arte 2008
- Dailymotion: Habillage sonore d'Arte par Keren Ann
The idents are 13 second shots of faces.
On February 28, 2011, Arte launched a new look once again.
- ↑ "Conçu par l’agence allemande Velvet Mediendesign, le nouveau graphisme d’ARTE s’attache au principe d’ouverture. La simplicité des lignes traduit la lisibilité de la grille, à laquelle un soin particulier a été apporté par respect des téléspectateurs. Les histoires, les couleurs, l’accompagnement musical marquent une réelle chaleur humaine. D’une façon générale, la réorganisation de l’écran éveille la curiosité du téléspectateur. Il s’agit de le surprendre et de capter son attention."
| DW | BR | HR | MDR | NDR | RB | RBB | SR | SWR | WDR|
(NWDR | SDR | SWF | SFB | ORB)
| France 2 (HD) | France 3 (HD) | France 4 (HD) | France 5 (HD) | France Ô | Outre-mer 1ère